ACA-IDOL COMPETITION FRI 7PM
SCHEDULE FOR ACA-IDOL COMPETITORS
FRIDAY Events (mostly)
• APPLY to Compete
• ACCEPTANCE email from SingStrong (make sure to whitelist SingStrong.org as a sender so you don't accidentally send our email to your junk folder!)
• CONFIRM your spot by Purchasing your Passes then please email us here and tell us they are purchased so we can assign you a sound check time.
• Groups that do not purchase in a timely manner can lose their spots.
• The sooner you purchase, the better your choice of soundcheck times.
• We post your soundcheck time here.
• Confirmed groups complete this form. (It tells us how to pay you, introduce you, make you sound good, etc.)
• Check the RULES of the competition.
FRI 3-6 PM
• All Soundchecks take place Fri as listed here.
• You only need to come for your assigned soundcheck and you can leave immediately following the soundcheck.
• Please do arrive 30 minutes before your assigned soundcheck, so we can check you in.
• This is the location: Adelphi University Performing Arts Center.
• Parking is Free. There is a lot both in front of and in back of Adelphi Performing Arts Center.
• ACA-IDOL Performers that are also participating in the Single Singers should soundcheck prior to 4:50PM, if possible.
• All groups must be onsite, backstage at 6PM.
• The Backstage entrance is on the LOWER level of Adelphi Performing Arts Center.
• Your group will check-in with the stage manager and be assigned a warm-up room.
• We can USUALLY get each group their own room, but on occasion, groups (especially small ones) will have to share.
• MANDATORY MEETING BACKSTAGE in OLMSTED THEATRE for all competitors at 6:30PM.
• We will provide some important last minute information about mic hand-off, on-deck areas, viewing the concert etc.
• We'll also remind you to do two things
1) Say "This is our last song" when you start your last song and
2) Take a big BOW after your last song and WAIT on stage after you have bowed.
• Doors open for the Audience to sit (stadium style. Only VIP passes may reserve seats).
• Each group performs for 10 minutes (or less).
• We are keeping time, but we do not provide warnings.
• Judges will then comment live, on mic after you have completed your performance.
• Emcee stays on stage with you while judges comment and then says "Thank you group!" at which point you run off stage.
• The NEXT group enters the stage as soon as the last group leaves and the microphones are handed off.
• This occurs WHILE the group is being INTRO-ed, (not following the the intro, as in many other shows).
After the last group performs, the judges excuse themselves and deliberate. The Audience VOTES by CELL phone!
ALL COMPETITORS are called ON STAGE for the Presentation of AWARDS
Everyone who understands the importance of networking, or is hungry, thirsty or social heads to the Meet and Greet Afterglow!
Check when the last FREE SHUTTLE Departs from SingStrong to the Hotel/Afterglow.
SAT and SUN ALL DAY
• Congrats on a job well done but don't just come for ACA-IDOL!
• Your passes (CLASSPASS, VIP, ADULT or DISCOUNT) already INCLUDE TWO DAYS OF CLASSES FOR NO EXTRA COST AT ALL!
• And If you have VIP, ADULT OR DISCOUNT WEEKEND PASSES, then you can also see the incredible HEADLINERS at the PRO CONCERTS!
• And you get a free coaching to take your group to the next level!
• By coming all weekend, you network with the best in the business. This is where you find discounts on ACA services. This is where you recruit new members or get recruited for PRO projects! (We are not joking. It's where Pentatonix found their new bass singer when Avi left!) This is where you put together your Spring Tour and your album project! This is where you guys make friends for life! Don't miss the action just to save a few bucks. This is your time!